Application Procedures for International Students
How to Apply
All applicants from India, Bangladesh, Ghana, Kenya, Zambia, Nigeria or Mauritius who do not currently live in Canada must apply through the Canadian University Application Centre (CUAC)*. The CUAC is Algoma University’s exclusive partner in these countries and provides free counselling services including admission information, application assistance and visa application assistance. For more information on your local office, please visit www.canada123.org or contact them directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Applications submitted without CUAC assistance will NOT be processed and will be forwarded back to the CUAC. Submitting your application through the CUAC ensures the quality of your applications and results in a faster processing time.
Checklist for Application
- Complete the Algoma U application.
- Send all official transcripts(secondary and post-secondary school, if applicable).
- Send a non-refundable $100.00 (Canadian Funds) application fee payable to Algoma U.
- Send proof of English language requirements (if applicable).
Proof of English Language Proficiency
- TOEFL score of 550 (paper-based) (213 computer based) (79-80 Internet-based)
- IELTS 6.0 (including 6.0 in each band of reading, writing, listening and speaking)
- MELAB 90 per cent
- CanTEST 4.50
- CAEL 60
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) 63 OR Successful completion of Algoma University’s ESL Program with a 80 per cent or higher
Please send documents to:
1520 Queen Street East
Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada