Application Procedures for US Students
Please note, all United States citizens are exempt from international tuition and pay Canadian tuition fees. For more information, please visit the US Tuition Fees section.
Applicants who have completed grade 12 at a recognized high school program in the United States will be considered for admission. The grade 12 program must include:
- Five academic courses, including English
- Completion of the Grade 12 diploma
- A minimum B average (70%)
- Applicants who have less than the required 70% may be considered for admission but must also provide SAT or ACT scores for consideration. A SAT score of 1,100 or an ACT score of 21 is required.
Checklist for Application
- Complete the Algoma U application.
- Send all official transcripts (secondary and post-secondary school, if applicable). Digital copies can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Hard copies are required to be mailed to the postal address below.
- Pay your non-refundable $100.00 CDN application fee on the application portal. For other payment options, click here.
Note: Admission is based solely on academic background; therefore, no essays or letters of reference are required.
Please send documents to:
Admissions – Algoma University
1520 Queen Street East
Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada