Application Procedures for Visiting Students

If you are currently enrolled in a university other than Algoma U but would like to take a course or courses at Algoma U for recognition towards your “home” university degree, you will require a Letter of Permission (LOP) from your ‘home’ university’s Registrar’s Office. For more information, please contact or phone (705) 949-2301 ext. 4245.

  • Complete the Algoma U application.
  • Send official transcripts (high school, college, and university if applicable).
  • Send non-refundable $50 (CDN funds) application fee payable to Algoma U.
  • Submit your LOP with application or show it in person when registering for your Algoma U courses. Please note, you will not be allowed to register without your LOP.

Please send documents to:
Admissions – Algoma University
1520 Queen Street East
Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada
P6A 2G4