Campus Master Plan: Student Consultation
On behalf of the Algoma University community, we want to welcome you all to a student-specific campus master plan consultation on Thursday, September 26th, 2019 from 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM.
**Snacks and lunch will be provided**
Where: Shingwuak Auditorium
We hope to see you all there! YOUR VOICE MATTERS!
The gathering will open up the following items for discussion with the group:
· Algoma University physical growth strategy (Academic & Student spaces, Amenities and support facilities)
· Site integration (Big Vision) – Holistic vision/development guiding principles for the lands between Wellington St & the River.
· Approach to transportation, site circulation, pedestrian connectivity, accessibility, others
· Conceptual design approach to open spaces, green areas, outdoor teaching/gathering spaces.
· Current and potential initiatives/projects, that will be integrated, considered as part of the overall Master Plan approach.
· Discussion on primary sustainability principles for the following:
o Site & Site infrastructure
o Existing buildings
o New buildings
o Operations (waste management, recycling, etc)
· Open discussion/dialogue to collect feedback and suggestions, comments on the overall Site Plan