Ezhi-zhiitaaying ni-biboong – Traditional Winter Preparations with Randy Trudeau
In partnership with Shingwauk Kinoomaage Gamig, Anishinaabe Academic Resource Centre, Shingwauk Anishinaabe Students Association, and Algoma University, we are excited to offer two and half days of Ezhi-zhiitaaying ni-biboong – traditional winter preparation teachings, led by expert hunter and fluent Odawa speaker Randy Trudeau, from Wikwemikong, Manitoulin Island.
Starting Wednesday Morning Nov 8th, 2023 at 8:30 am and concluding with a community lunch Friday, November 10th, 2023 at noon, workshops include animacy and inanimacy around hunting, preparing a brain tanning solution (language immersion experience), meat drying techniques, steps involved in tanning a hide, and traditional Winter preparations.
Location: 1491 Queen Street East, Sault Ste. Marie
Wed. November 8, 2023
- Animacy and Inanimacy (Ojibwe and English): 8:30 am – 11:30 am
- Brain tanning/ Solution Preparation process (Fully in Anishinaabe): 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Thursday, November 9, 2023
- Meat drying (Outdoors): 9:00 am -12:00 pm
- Hide Tanning Steps (English): 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Friday, November 10, 2023
- Traditional Winter Preparations (English): 9:00 am – 12:00
- Luncheon provided on Friday only – registration required
Please register for the workshops that you want to attend, or use the QR code in the poster attached, so we can get a sense of numbers.
Registration Form: click here
For more information please contact: