Welcome to Timmins!
Welcome to Timmins, here you will find a culturally diverse atmosphere with a Northern perspective. Timmins offers a multicultural experience with a variety of ethnic restaurants, museums and cultural organizations.
Visit the City of Timmins for more information.
Off-Campus Housing: How to Start Your Search
Finding the right apartment or home to rent can be difficult and stressful. The secret is to plan ahead, and we’re here to help! Here are some helpful tips for finding the best rental homes and apartments in Timmins.
International Travellers: please note that these are resources that should only be accessed after completing our Algoma University Quarantine Readiness Plan and Arrival Process, linked here. We strongly encourage students to seek long-term housing prior to arriving in Canada.
- Affordability: How much can you afford each month and still have money left over for your other expenses? (For example, tuition and fees, textbooks, cell phone service, food, groceries, transit fees, parking, etc.)
- Location: How close do you want to be to school, or family and friends?
- Parking and public transportation: If you have a car, how accessible is parking? If you don’t have a car, how easy is it to go to the campus by walking, or by public transportation?
- Surroundings: Do you want to be at the centre of activity, or in the quiet suburbs?
- Availability: Some rental properties are harder to find during certain months of the year. Can you wait to move for a few months so you have more variety to choose from?
- Safety: Does the rental property meet all the safety and security requirements?
- “For Rent”
Type of Accommodation:
- “# of Bedrooms”
- “Include Utilities”
- “Room Share”
- “Allow Pets”
Please note that Algoma University has no direct or indirect affiliation with any of the organizations above. We are simply providing the information for you to access if you wish to pursue off-campus housing.