To empower a culture of technological innovation and collaboration within the Algoma University community.
To meet the needs of the Algoma University community by delivering innovative technological solutions and first-class customer support.
Our primary contact point for all IT-related requests is the IT Helpdesk
IT Request Form: Student Portal
Local Phone: (705) 946-7360
Toll-Free Phone: (888) 902-7866
Our regular Helpdesk hours are 8:00am-8:00pm (Monday-Thursday), and 8:00am-4:00pm (Friday).
Regular hours for senior IT staff are 8:00am-4:00pm (Monday-Friday).
Since online learning is new the many of our students, we want to make sure that students are comfortable with the transition of moving to online courses. On this page, you will find answers to frequently asked IT questions.Learn More
|Room||Type||Computer||Projector||DVD/VHS||Audio||Video Conference||Audio Conference|
|NW 201||Lab||yes (10)||no||no||no||no||no|
|NW 203||Lab||yes (15)||yes||no||yes||yes||no|
|NW 204||Lab||yes (15)||yes||no||yes||no||no|
|NW 205||Lab||yes (24)||yes||no||yes||no||no|
Computer Lab Rentals
- 15-Seat Lab, Half Day – $200
- 15-Seat Lab, Full Day – $350
- 24-Seat Lab, Half Day – $250
- 24-Seat Lab, Full Day – $400
Note: If you have additional software to install, you must have the appropriate licenses, and there is an additional $100 fee for the software installation.
Video Conferencing Pricing
- NW 306 Board Room – $250 + Standard Room Rental Fee (Call)
- NW 200 Ampitheatre – $250 + Standard Room Rental Fee (Call)
- WW 103 Classroom – $250 + Standard Room Rental Fee (Call)
Note: For evening or weekends, additional fees may apply if IT-support is required.
Danny Reid – Director of Information Technology
(705) 949-2301 x4420 (email@example.com)
Rose Taylor – Helpdesk Supervisor
(705) 949-2301 x4412 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Craig Diotte – Systems Adminstrator
(705) 949-2301 x4414 (email@example.com)
Keith DeConto – Network Administrator
(705) 949-2301 x4415 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ryan Refcio – Systems Analyst
(705) 949-2301 x4417 (email@example.com)
Christopher McBride – Application Developer
(705) 949-2301 x4418 – Christopher.McBride@algomau.ca
Information Technology Services is located on the third floor of the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Wing at Algoma University in room NW303. Our IT Helpdesk, which is the first point of contact for all IT-related inquiries is on the second floor in room NW202.
Information Technology Services
1520 Queen St. East
Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario