PHASE 1 REOPENING PROVINCIAL DIRECTIVES
The Provincial government announced that Ontario will be entering Phase 1 of reopening on Friday, June 11, 2021.
We are pleased to announce the following operating hours for the Sault Ste. Marie campus beginning Wednesday, June 16, 2021:
- Shingwauk Hall – Monday to Friday – 8:00 am to 6:00 pm, Saturday 1:00 pm to 9:00 pm (entrance via Z or U door)
- Convergence Center – will be accessible via card access. If you believe you need your access updated, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. All employees will be required to screen in via SaniTrakr upon arrival.
- The Wishart Library will continue curbside pickup on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from 10 am-3 pm. Research help is available by emailing email@example.com or via the Ask a Librarian online chat service.
- IT Services/Computer labs will continue to operate Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. To connect with an IT Service Desk team member, call 705-949-2301 x4450 or (888) 902-7866 during our hours of operation or start a chat session. On the IT Support portal page, search our solutions for self-serve options or submit an incident or service request.
- NW203 Lab will be open and available, with capacity restrictions, during normal campus hours.
- Please note that gatherings indoors will continue to be restricted but gatherings outdoors can be booked for up to a maximum of 10 people (starting June 11). Space can be booked through the gatherings request form.
- Employees returning to work on campus please work directly with your management officer/Dean’s office around your schedule.
Brampton Campus reopening plans are currently underway and will be released shortly. All Brampton-based employees should begin to prepare to return to campus as we anticipate the gradual re-opening will start soon.
Timmins Campus employees are asked to continue to follow the direction of Northern College.
We thank you for your continued adherence to these measures. Our collective efforts will continue to make a difference.
Through the efforts of the Quarantine Readiness Team, Algoma University has been registered with the Government of Canada as a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) with a Provincially Approved Quarantine Readiness Plan. This plan outlines the steps required when an international student attempts to enter Canada as a member of the Algoma University community, and provides details on how our institution is prepared to support these students.Learn More
The government of Ontario announced that as of May 18, 2021, that all Ontario residents 18+ will be eligible to book a vaccine.
In preparation for safe return to campus activities, Algoma University encourages all community members to consult the following websites for up-to-date information on COVID-19 vaccination clinics, eligibility and appointments
For Brampton: visit Peel Region Health Services here.
For Sault Ste. Marie: visit Algoma Public Health here.
For Timmins: visit Porcupine Health Unit here.
Anyone wishing to take advantage of any of the vaccination clinics and require time off work to do so, should contact their direct management officers to make arrangements.
Please note that employees will not be required to use vacation/lieu or sick time to attend a vaccination appointment.
Tracking COVID-19 in members of our community
Need to book an appointment for a COVID test but not sure where to go? Click here
Since the start of the pandemic in March 2020, two (2) cases have been reported that directly impacted the Algoma University community campus(s). Both have been resolved and 0 outbreaks have occurred.
|Sault Ste. Marie||Brampton||Timmins|
|# of Active Cases||0||0||0|
|# of Resolved Cases||1||1||0|
A lot of things are on hold right now, but your education doesn’t have to be.
Register for your courses
Registration for Spring/Summer courses will open on February 22nd, 2021.
Thanks to technology, the campus community continues to support one another.
Safety Tips and Reminders
Urgent actions are required to protect the health and well-being of our community. This video series offers tips and reminders on how to keep yourself and those around you safe. Together, we can stop the spread and ensure the lockdown ends as quickly as possible.Watch Now
Student Emergency Support Fund
The Algoma University Student Emergency Support Fund was established in response to the financial hardships our students are currently facing. As a caring and committed community, we continue to put the success of our students at the forefront of everything we do – your support will provide immediate assistance to students with urgent needs during the COVID-19 crisis, and help them to continue their educational journeyFIND OUT MORE
Pandemic Task Force
Meet our collaborative Algoma University Pandemic Task Force committee
Acting Director of Human Resources, ChairView Full Bio
Director of Student Life and Ancillary Services - Alternate ChairView Full Bio
Vice-President, Finance and Operations, Senior Executive RepresentativeView Full Bio
ManagerView Full Bio
Director of Physical PlantView Full Bio
Director, CommunicationsView Full Bio
Dr. István Imre
Acting Academic Dean, Full ProfessorView Full Bio
Registrar and SecretaryView Full Bio
LecturerView Full Bio
Michael Del Bel
School of Business and EconomicsView Full Bio
Administrative Assistant, Head of Life Sciences and the EnvironmentView Full Bio
SASA TreasureView Full Bio
Director of Enrolment and International OperationsView Full Bio
Director, Student Success and Well-BeingView Full Bio
The Algoma University Pandemic Task Force is a collaborative committee that holds the responsibility to help guide and review decisions regarding any active Pandemic to ensure that the safety of the Algoma University community and the academic success of our students is at the forefront of all decisions.
Should you have any questions for the Task Force, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Credible online resources for more information
Government of Canada
Region of Peel
Porcupine Public Health Unit
World Health Organization
Government of Canada / Coronavirus
COVID19MisInfo.org Portal Project