We are here to assist you!
The Office of the Registrar at Algoma University is committed to providing effective and efficient services to potential, new, and returning students. We’ll help you with everything from admission, registration, academic records, financial aid to graduation. We are also here to answer your questions regarding academic policies and campus transfer.
Registrations and Academic Records
Current students can apply for an official transcript via Student Portal, under “Resources”, click on “Transcript and Form Requests”.
If you are an alumnus and do not have access to Student Portal anymore, please make the request using the link below.
Current students can apply for a VoG via Student Portal, under “Resources”, click on “Transcript and Form Requests”.
If you are an alumnus and do not have access to Student Portal anymore, please make the request using the link below. At the step of “Select Form”, select Verification of Graduation.
Current students can apply for a QECO via Student Portal, under “Resources”, click on “Transcript and Form Requests”.
If you are an alumnus and do not have access to Student Portal anymore, please make the request using the link below. At the step of “Select Form”, select QECO Letter.
Reading Courses are credit-courses delivered by an Algoma University instructor to an individual Algoma University student, approved by the Dean and the Registrar.
Students must meet the eligibility criteria:
- Students must be in good academic standing with an overall average of at least 75%
- Students must have a good reason to make the request. Examples of reasonable grounds: cancellation of (or failure to schedule) a course required for graduation; extenuating circumstances beyond the student’s control (e.g., illness).
Note: Normally requests will not be approved if acceptable alternative courses are scheduled.
- Student consults with the chair of the department regarding a suitable instructor.
- The instructor needs to agree and provide a course outline for the student.
- Student completes the application form and asks the instructor and the chair of the department to sign it.
- Student submits the completed reading course application form & course outline to email@example.com for academic screening. Note: Applications must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar at least two weeks before the last day of registration (for each academic term).
- The Registrar’s Office will notify the Student Account Office to add the $40 processing fee to the student’s account. Students can then pay the fee via Student Portal.
Please note that this is a fillable PDF form. For the signatures of the Course Instructor and the Department Chair, if they do not have a digital signature, you can print a hard copy of the form and bring it to them for their signatures.
Students in full-time degree programs at Algoma U may take courses at other accredited universities for transfer credits. Please click to view the instructions and complete your application.
Students can now download their CoE Letter directly via Student Portal, with a small fee attached.
If you have lost access to the Student Portal, please make the request using this form (processing time: 5-7 business days).
For more policies related to the academic functions of the Algoma University, please visit our Policies and Procedures page.
Regardless of your academic background, our admissions advisors will work with you to evaluate your qualifications and find the right program for you!
Find out everything you need to know about the time and location of your graduation, as well as instructions on how to apply to graduate.
Learn more about fees and the financial aid, bursaries, awards, and work opportunities that can help bring your goals for a university education within reach.