Remote/Online Learning Access & Support
We're here to help you get started with remote/online learning and make sure that you are successful this semester.
Ensure you have access to your Algoma U email and student portal (students.algomau.ca). Log into your [email protected] email and students.algomau.ca.
Look at your Academic Summary to determine the Learning Management System (LMS) your courses are in [D2L(Brightspace) or Moodle].
Log in to Moodle (review video, explore, see course content on June 1st, etc.).
- Your username and password for Moodle will be the same as your AU student portal username and password.
- If you are unable to access, you may not have a course in Moodle (please refer to Step 2 to confirm the LMS your courses are in).
Log in to D2L(Brightspace) (review video, explore, see course content on June 1st, etc.).
- You should have received an email to your algomau.ca account with your D2L credentials.
- If you did not receive an email, you may not have a course in D2L(Brightspace) (please refer to Step 2 to confirm the LMS your courses are in).
- If you have confirmed classes in D2L(Brightspace) and still did not receive this email, please contact https://students.algomau.ca/helpdesk.
For further questions, please contact [email protected].
NOTE: There are two types of courses; Synchronous and Asynchronous
ALL Eastern Standard Time (EST)
Synchronous courses are LIVE, and you will attend these sessions at a prescribed time on your timetable. You are expected to report to the course as scheduled.
Asynchronous courses are ones in which the coursework and lectures for the course will be uploaded for you to review and complete on your own schedule. These courses do not have prescribed class time and will not appear on your timetable. Faculty will outline deadlines and due dates in your syllabi. These courses will not appear on your timetable but will appear on your Academic Summary.