An Introduction to the Discover Ability Network
The Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce invites Algoma University and Sault College students, faculty, staff and employers to an introduction to the Discover Ability Network SSM on Tuesday, November 2nd from 11am to 12 noon. We will welcome reps from the Ontario Chamber of Commerce and the Discover Ability Network to walk participants through the Discover Ability platform (which is hosted by Ryerson University as part of its MAGNET network).
This session is tailored for Sault College and Algoma University students, faculty, staff, and employment counsellors and is ideal for:
- anyone working in (or planning to work in) Human Resources
- anyone working in Employment Services
- recent graduates with accessibility needs who are currently seeking employment
- students with accessibility needs that may soon be entering the job market
- students in programs who may enter a career where they help or work with individuals that have accessibility needs
6.2 million Canadians live with an accessibility need – that’s 1 in 5 people. Businesses simply cannot afford to ignore this growing population of job seekers. Join us for a tour of the Discover Ability Network online portal on November 2nd. Learn about the resources that Discover Ability offers for both jobseekers with accessibility needs and employers that can help them connect and support the ob-boarding process.
Register at: www.ssmcoc.com/events