SEMESTER 1 (3 courses)
- AVIA 2206 Aviation Safety Management Systems (SMS) – SMS Certification
- AVIA 2706 Aviation Quality Assurance (AQA) – AQA Certification
- AVIA 2806 Fundamentals of Aviation Law and Regulations
SEMESTER 2 (4 courses)
- AVIA 3306 Airline Management
- AVIA 3506 Procurement and Supply Chain Management
- AVIA 3706 Air Traffic Control and Dispatch Operations – Dispatcher Certification
- AVIA 3806 Airline Finance and Economics
SEMESTER 3 (3 courses)
- AVIA 4206 Corporate Aviation Management
- AVIA 4406 Crew Resource Management – CRM certification
- AVIA 4506 Commercial Drone Operations – Drone certification
External Certification Opportunities To Meet In-demand Skills
The Aviation Management Certificate is designed so that when students successfully complete the certificate they will have the option (students would have the opportunity to write the applicable exams from the accrediting bodies) to graduate with the following certifications:
- Aviation Safety Management – Certification obtained from the International Air Transport Association (IATA)
- Aviation Quality Assurance (AQA) – AQA Certification obtained from the International Air Transport Association (IATA)
- Commercial Drone Operations – Drone Certification obtained from the International Air Transport Association (IATA)
- Air Traffic Control and Dispatch Operations – Dispatcher Certification obtained from a Transport Canada recognized provider
- Crew Resource Management – CRM Certification obtained from a Transport Canada recognized provider
The culture of a commercial aviation employer requires certification to satisfy government and international requirements. Having these certifications and courses enhances employability for our graduates.
AMC | Flight 6ix
All flight training in the AMC Program will be provided by Flight 6ix, a certified flight training establishment, registered as a Private Career College located in Ontario, authorized to provide training towards a career as a professional pilot.
Students in the flight training option will be provided with transportation from the SchoolBE campus to the flight training centre.
Flight 6ix Highlights:
- Conducting flight training out of the Guelph Airpark
- Average instructor flight time is 5000 hrs versus the industry average of 700hrs
- Network with our staff that have had experience working for Air Canada, Sunwing, Westjet, Jazz, Emirates, Saudia, Qatar Airways and Air India
Email Flight 6ix for more information on flight training.
Pilots: There is a current and future demand for pilots in Canada and around the world. With more and more pilots retiring, industry growth and barriers to recruiting new workers, the aviation industry is projected to face a pilot shortage after COVID 19.
Projections indicate that Canada will face a pilot shortage in the near future:
- It is estimated that by 2025, Canada will need 15,000 new pilots
- The pilot shortage across Canada is causing some regional carriers to cancel flights
- Canada faces a shortage of 3,000 pilots and 55,000 workers overall in the aviation industry by 2025
- To meet the demand of the growing air travel industry, Canada should be producing an extra 300 pilots a year
Don’t want to be a pilot? No Problem! The aviation industry provides multiple other career options! Since Aviation is an international discipline, students equipped with these courses can work directly in the following fields:
- Passenger Airlines
- Corporate Airlines
- Cargo Airlines
- Safety Management Specialist (required for every airline)
- Quality assurance Specialist (required for every airline)
- Drone Operator (future of drone delivery, drone pilots and automated drone industry)
- Crew Resource Management(course required for every airline in the world)
- Logistics and Supply Chain
Having the certificate will enable students to progress into management jobs in their chosen discipline.
Waiting for your study permit? Start online! If you have submitted a study permit application online and are waiting for a decision from IRCC/CIC, you can start your studies online until you are notified of the decision.
AMP I Admissions Advisor | Assistant Registrar: Shelley Mitchell firstname.lastname@example.org
AMP I SchoolBE | Coordinator, Office & Student Support: Iman Sohail Iman.Sohail@algomau.ca
Flight 6ix: email@example.com
The one year Aviation Management Certificate will provide an aviation professional looking to upgrade their skills and abilities to management level more opportunities for professional development within their current and/or future organization. Students will have the opportunity to obtain 5 external certifications at the same time as they attain an Aviation Management Certificate from Algoma University.
The Aviation Management Certificate allows professionals with college level education to upgrade their skills to the university level without a commitment of 3-4 years. For those direct from High School, the Aviation Management Certificate also presents an excellent opportunity to learn and develop industry specific skills.
22W – January 10, 2022
22SP – May 2, 2022
The Aviation Management Certificate is a three semester program consisting of the following courses:
SEMESTER 1 (3 courses)
AVIA 2206 Aviation Safety Management Systems (SMS) – SMS Certification
AVIA 2706 Aviation Quality Assurance (AQA) – AQA Certification
AVIA 2806 Fundamentals of Aviation Law and Regulations
SEMESTER 2 (4 courses)
AVIA 3306 Airline Management
AVIA 3506 Procurement and Supply Chain Management
AVIA 3706 Air Traffic Control and Dispatch Operations – Dispatcher Certification
AVIA 3806 Airline Finance and Economics
SEMESTER 3 (3 courses)
AVIA 4206 Corporate Aviation Management
AVIA 4406 Crew Resource Management – CRM certification
AVIA 4506 Commercial Drone Operations – Drone certification
The Fall term 2021 will be a transitional term: we are planning to conduct classes, labs and tutorials in person, on campus, to the fullest extent possible. For maximum flexibility, this approach will include a variety of options–including in-person, blended, hybrid, technology-assisted, and distance-education instruction*–with as much as possible being delivered in-person.
In-person instruction: means a class that meets in a classroom at the scheduled time/day, with the instructor and all students present (synchronous).
Blended instruction: means a class for which the instructor is present in the classroom at the scheduled time/day (synchronous), with ± 50% of the students present, and ± 50% of the students doing self-directed learning, including but not limited to activities such as sustained reading, completing assignments, watching recorded lectures on their own schedule (asynchronous). The student groups flip each week.
Hybrid instruction (also called “HyFlex”): means a class for which the instructor is present in the classroom at the scheduled time/day, with students present who wish to attend in person, and students who prefer not to attend in person participating remotely at the same time (synchronous). The student makes the choice for any given class and can switch as needed. Requires additional support for content preparation, technology and class management.
Technology-assisted instruction (TAI): means a class for which the instructor gives the class via meeting technology (e.g., Zoom, Google Meet) at the scheduled time/day (synchronous), with students attending and participating remotely. Delivered on the Moodle platform.
Distance education: means a class for which the course materials–lectures, videos, assignments, assessments, discussion boards, etc.–are prepared prior to course delivery, and which students take on their own schedule (asynchronous). Delivered on the Brightspace platform.
Prospective domestic and international students interested in the Aviation Management Certificate can apply directly to Algoma University!
APPLY NOW for Aviation Management Certificate for January 2022! Application fees are waived for this certificate only! Have your documents, and transcripts ready when you apply.
|Aviation Management Certificate l Annual Tuition and Fees* l Starting: January 10, 2022
*Tuition and fees shown are estimated . The AU Board of Governors reserves the right to amend fees after the publication of the Academic Calendar and without further notice.
|International Students: $20,997.00 CAD||Domestic Students: $6,780.64 CAD|
For Flight Training tuition please contact:
Admissions@flight6ix.ca for more information
International Admissions are unique to International Curriculums. Requirements based on secondary school credentials:
- China – Senior Secondary Graduation Diploma
- Pakistan – Higher Secondary School Certificate
- India – Higher Secondary School Certificate (CBSE/ISC/State Board)
- Iraq – Sixth Form Baccalaureate
- Jordan-General Secondary Education/Leaving Certificate examination results
- Sri Lanka-Sri Lankan GCE A levels (2 academic subjects required) l
- Trinidad-Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examination (CAPE)
- Guyana – Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examination (CAPE)
- A grade of 70% (B grade) or equivalent is required from all curriculums in order to meet the admission grade requirement
- A graduation certificate and a transcript showing courses completed and grades achieved is required in order to determine eligibility
English Language Requirements must be met for admission. The IELTS requirement for the AMC is an overall score of 6.0 [including 6.0 in each band of reading, writing, listening and speaking].
- Proof of English language proficiency is required from all countries where English is not the first language.
Ontario Student Requirements: Minimum average of 70% required, with Six Grade 12 U/M courses including:
Students applying as transfer students must have achieved a minimum overall average of 70% from post-secondary studies from an accredited diploma/degree granting institution
- Transcripts from both secondary school and post-secondary institutions attended are required in order to determine eligibility for the program
- The transcripts must indicate courses completed, grades achieved, graduation certificate from secondary school and a graduation certificate from post-secondary school if awarded
From another University: This is done on a case by case basis.
Please contact the Admissions Advisor : Shelley Mitchell firstname.lastname@example.org
From an Ontario College – Pathway Agreements are in place with every College in Ontario. Please click on this link for more information Transfers and Pathways
AMP I Admissions Advisor: Shelley Mitchell email@example.com
From any other institution, please contact the AMP I Admissions Advisor: Shelley Mitchell firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer numerous awards based on academic achievement and financial need to both newly admitted and continuing students. You may be automatically considered for some awards strictly based on your grades, however you may choose to apply for other scholarships and bursaries. AU webpage
For more information on scholarships and bursaries, please contact email@example.com
Yes, you are! The Aviation Management Certificate allows professionals with college level education to upgrade their skills to the university level without a commitment to 3-4 years. There are a number of college diploma programs in aviation in Ontario but no university certificate options.
The Aviation Management Certificate will give students the opportunity to obtain 5 external certifications at the same time as they attain an Aviation Management Certificate from Algoma University. This allows them to maximize the one year at Algoma to obtain accredited certifications.
Yes, you can! Students are welcome to apply even after finishing another certificate at Algoma University.
No problem- you can do the Aviation Management Certificate (AMC)! The AMC allows professionals with college level education to upgrade their skills to the university level without a commitment of 3-4 years. For those direct from High School, the Aviation Management Certificate also presents an excellent opportunity to learn and develop industry specific skills.
The Aviation Management Professional (AMP) program is designed to meet the growing demand in the aviation industry for both flight and non flight students. AMP graduates will receive a Bachelor of Business Administration Degree with an Aviation Management Specialization and have the option to choose flight training.
The AMP is a four year BBA degree program with a 10 course Aviation Management Specialization, provides pilots (current and future) and those interested in working in the non-flight component of the aviation industry, an opportunity to acquire the skills and abilities they need to enter the job market.
The one year 10 course Aviation Management Certificate (AMC) will provide an aviation professional looking to upgrade their skills and abilities to management level allowing for more opportunities for professional development within their current and/or future organization. Upon successful completion of courses from the Aviation Management Certificate, students can transfer into the BBA – Aviation Management Specialization Degree program without the need to repeat courses.
Upon successful completion of courses from the Aviation Management Certificate, students can transfer into the BBA – Aviation Management Specialization Degree program without the need to repeat courses.